I keep telling myself I’ll whip up a kale keto smoothie recipe every day, but that’s just not going to happen..even though I do aim for it, sometimes I opt for a more hearty way to break my fast. Since I’ve also adopted intermittent fasting and eat only once or twice a day…I alternate between this nutrient-rich keto smoothie recipe which I aim to drink two to three times a week and a more standard keto meal.
Why a kale keto smoothie?
The nutrition benefits can’t be denied: in addition to fiber and anti-oxidants, kale is a superfood packing loads of goodness including some protein. I add protein powder and anti-aging powerhouses like collagen peptides, MCT Oil, Chia Seeds and Maca Powder and Trace Minerals to make this keto-friendly AND a Ketology favorite.
I make this with water because I find it helps break up the kale better than almond milk and the protein powder adds a creaminess to this keto smoothie recipe, however if you want to use 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk and 3/4 cup water, feel free to experiment with what works best for you.
This is higher in protein, so I’ll usually have a fat bomb with it or throw in an avocado which makes it extra creamy or double the MCT oil to make this keto smoothie recipe even more keto-friendly – enjoy!
Ketology Vanilla Kale Smoothie
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 scoop Isopure Zero Carb Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tbsp Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil or MCT Oil
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tsp Maca Powder
- 2 droppers of Dr Berg's Trace Minerals optional
- 3 - 4 drops Vanilla Monkfruit sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup ice
- Mix all ingredients in blender for 2 - 3 minutes to ensure kale is broken up well and you aren't sipping on stems and chunks!