Ah, National Negroni Week! A time when aficionados of this classic cocktail unite in appreciation of its unique taste. Traditionally, a Negroni boasts the vibrant essence of Campari, a liqueur brimming with flavors like cloves, cinnamon, and orange. However, embracing the low-carb lifestyle means the sugary Campari has to take a back seat.
But fear not, fellow low-carb enthusiasts! A cocktail week shouldn’t mean compromising on our dietary choices. So, I’ve come up with a hack for all of us wanting to enjoy the Negroni’s essence without the carb overload. Here’s how to craft your own low carb Negroni:
Low Carb Negroni
- A small stick of cinnamon
- A couple of cloves
- 1 oz unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 oz gin
- 0.5 oz sweet vermouth
- A few dashes of orange bitters zero carb, zero sugar magic!
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Take the cinnamon stick and cloves, and using a mortar and pestle, crush them slightly.
- Add these crushed spices to a shaker full of ice.
- Pour in the pomegranate juice, gin, sweet vermouth, and dashes of orange bitters.
- Shake well.
- Strain and pour into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon.
The orange bitters are truly a game-changer, enhancing the drink while maintaining its zero-carb status.
So here’s to enjoying the rich traditions of cocktail culture, adapted for today’s dietary needs. Cheers to a guilt-free Negroni Week! 🍹