This low carb sangria recipe is one you’ll want to make beyond the holidays (since I included this originally on my most recent Thanksgiving menu). The tangy pomegranate and citrus combined with red wine makes for a festive, punch-like drink that packs a punch too!
I usually make my own low carb simple syrup because it’s quick and easy to make homemade, however I recently tried Lakanto’s Simple Syrup in this low carb sangria recipe which I now keep stocked in my bar too.
Low Carb Pomegranate Sangria
- 1 bottle red wine I like Avaline’s red wine which is low sugar and delicious!
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup triple sec you can make a sugar-free triple sec at home, by adding orange essence to my sugar-free simple syrup recipe below
- 1/3 cup low carb simple syrup recipe below
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 oranges sliced
- 2 limes sliced
- 1 cup red grapes halved lengthwise
LOW CARB SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1/2 cup Allulose sweetener
- 1 cup boiling water
TO MAKE THE SIMPLE SYRUP
- Combine the sweetener and boiling water in a mason jar or glass bottle.
- Shake to combine well – you want the sweetener to fully dissolve.
- Allow to cool and store in the fridge.
TO MAKE THE SANGRIA
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Strain and serve over ice with some orange slices and pomegranate seeds as garnish.