New Year’s Eve is upon us and with that comes food, drinks and celebration! Whether you’re going out to a party or hosting your own, below is our guide to a low carb new year’s eve!
When Out on the Town
If you’re going out on New Year’s Eve, I’ve found that finger food is the norm at NYE shindigs – and usually, aside from pastry-wrapped hors d’oeuvres, most can be modified to be low carb or are low carb! Mini meatball skewers, cheese and vegetable platters and shrimp cocktail will fill you up without the carbs. I like to fill up with a healthy salad before going to any events – it keeps me satisfied but not so full that I can’t enjoy party food.
For drinks, red wine is a good option and the celebratory glass of champagne is less than 2g net carbs! I prefer a simple vodka soda – hard liquors like vodka, tequila and gin have 0 carbs – but I don’t over indulge because on a ketogenic lifestyle, you’ll find alcohol affects you MUCH quicker…which is not a bad thing!
Hosting your own New Year’s Eve party? Here’s a great low carb, keto-friendly menu that your non-keto friends will also love!
- Low Carb Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Sticks
- The Best Low Carb Meatballs – I make the mini version and serve on a toothpick with a bit of fresh basil and a slice of fresh mozzarella
- 4-Minute Instant Pot Spinach and Artichoke Dip – THE BEST!
- Keto Beef and Asparagus Negimaki
- Low Carb Vodka Mojitos – the mint-infused simple syrup makes this the one of the best keto cocktails ever.
What’s on your New Year’s Eve list? Share ideas and recipes in the comments below!