Pasta carbonara has been one of my go-to dinners when I’ve had a long day of work and want to make a hearty and delicious meal for the family. My sons love the creamy parmesan and bacon sauce finished off with an egg at the end for added texture and richness.
This is a very last minute video – I got home and the boys wanted carbonara tonight, so I’m showing you how to make this delicious, fast sauce which goes perfectly with zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) or with shiritaki or other alternative noodles. And, this sauce also works with traditional pasta for non-keto friends and family.
10-Minute Low Carb Carbonara
- 1 medium zucchini squash, raw "noodled"
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 - 2 pieces bacon diced
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat skillet over medium heat and bacon.
- Cook until bacon is brown and just beginning to crisp.
- Add butter and heavy cream and stir consistently until a smooth sauce forms.
- Add 3/4 of your zucchini noodles to the pan and saute until noodles are soft.
- Add parmesan and mix until melted into a smooth sauce that coats the noodles.
- Turn heat completely off and add egg.
- Stir quickly to incorporate egg until sauce is smooth and silky.
- Season with salt & pepper, additional parmesan.