Over Thanksgiving weekend, a friend of mine raved about how her daughter made the family hot chocolate from scratch and it was the most delicious drink she’d had! It sounded so simple – mixing real chocolate with heavy cream for a creamy, thick and warm hot chocolate — I figured with my newest batch of ChocZero goodies that I ordered right before the holiday, I could easily whip up some keto hot chocolate using their milk chocolate or dark chocolate squares, which are among my favorite keto snacks!
This low carb hot chocolate can easily be made with any of your favorite sugar-free and low carb chocolate bars, including Lily’s which can be found in some markets. I like to order the ChocZero squares because I find they melt down best. They also make keto chocolate chips which you can use in place of the squares. Alternatively, you can also use unsweetened cocoa powder (or I prefer cacao powder) and your favorite keto sweetener, but I find melting down the chocolate squares results in the creamiest, smoothest keto hot cocoa.
In addition to being low carb and delicious, making keto hot chocolate makes the whole house smell divine!
You can add a dash of cinnamon at the end, or I actually like to add a little pinch of pink salt – it helps bring out the chocolate flavors!
2 Ingredient Keto Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips or 6 ChocZero Chocolate squares
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add your heavy cream and warm until it just starts to steam — don't let it boil!
- Add the chocolate – if you're using the squares, break them into quarters – and whisk consistently until smooth.
- I like to add a pinch of pink salt, it really intensifies the chocolate flavor!
- Pour into two mugs and enjoy with someone you love!