We all know avocados are a keto staple, but have you tried baked avocado fries? These crispy on the outside while creamy and delicious on the inside are seriously addictive and will become a new favorite.
Avocados are basically lifeblood for those living a Ketogenic lifestyle. On the Ketology plan, we recommend eating at least one avocado a day. Why?
Avocados pack INCREDIBLE nutrition in a delicious little package. Not only are they one of the best sources of good ? Omega-3 ? fats, avocados help reduce inflammation,? aid with arthritis, is effective in diabetes management, support weight loss and healthy weight management, are a rich source of fiber, can help improve cholesterol, aid in the absorption of plant-based nutrients, promotes eye health, packs essential folic acid,?pantothenic acid, magnesium, potassium,??lutein, and beta-carotene, among others.
Crushed pork rinds work beautifully as a keto alternative to breadcrumbs…when I first started on my keto diet journey, I was highly skeptical of pork rinds. However they have become a staple in my keto kitchen!
I think these Baked Avocado Fries turn out best when cooked in the oven, but they also work well in the air fryer, which is a great gadget to have in the kitchen for keto meals.
Baked Avocado Fries
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cup crumbled pork rinds
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Peel and pit the avocados and slice them lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick "fries". With two avocados, you should get around 20 slices.
- Set up three bowls in a row. Put the coconut flour in the first bowl, the lightly beaten eggs in the second bowl, and the crushed pork rinds in the third bowl.
- Dredge an avocado slice in the coconut flour, then coat it in the egg wash. Finish it off by coating it in the pork rinds. Repeat this three-step process with each avocado slice, and place them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Alternatively, I also like popping these in the air fryer at 450? for 7 minutes.