Who doesn’t like deviled eggs? And who doesn’t love a Bloody Mary – either on an early flight or with Sunday brunch? Well, these perfectly sized keto deviled eggs are a mix of these two delights and the combo is a delicious mix of creamy, spicy goodness!
Eggs are a Ketology Superfood, so I almost always have hard-boiled eggs on hand in our fridge — I love them as snacks and either make more traditional keto deviled eggs or this recipe when I’m feeling fancy 🙂 I usually make half a dozen hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot at the beginning of each week, or in my new favorite gadget, the Dash Egg Cooker! While making hard boiled eggs on the stove isn’t difficult, I find when I make them in the Instant Pot or the Dash Egg Cooker, they peel so much more easily – something about the steaming process works wonders and you get the perfect hard boiled egg every time!
I love to serve these as an appetizer when I’m hosting Sunday Brunch – along with actual Bloody Mary’s since they can be a keto alcohol choice and low carb if you use sugar-free tomato juice and add your own spices.They’re delicious and always a crowd pleaser.
Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs
- 3 slices bacon we like applewood smoked
- 6 hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise we prefer to use avocado oil based mayo
- 2 tbsp full-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp tomato sauce we like Rao's
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard?
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika we prefer smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 12 green olives without pits
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until it is crispy. Lightly crumble / dice and set aside.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a mixing bowl and mash. Arrange halved egg whites on a platter.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, tomato sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire, mustard, celery salt, paprika, and pepper. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the yolk mixture to a pastry bag or ziploc. Snip off a corner of the bag. Pipe the mixture into the center of the egg whites.
- Top each deviled egg with an olive, a piece of bacon, and a slice of celery. Sprinkle some paprika on top for some extra flair!