Cauliflower is a wonderful, low carb substitute for potatoes and work great to make tater tots that are fun and delicious for adults and kids!
You can either fry these up in a pan as directed below, or throw them in the air fryer (one of my favorite gadgets) – just pop them in at 400℉ for about 9 minutes and they come out crispy and delicious!
- 1 1/2 pounds riced cauliflower
- 4 tbsp avocado oil divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk mozzarella shredded
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- In a large skillet over medium, dry cauliflower rice with 2 tablespoons oil for 5-10 minutes until soft and starting to brown. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and mix in cheese, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Combine browned cauliflower rice with egg mixture. Stir mixture well to melt cheese. Form tots using a spoon or melon scoop.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry tots using remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Space tots apart in a single layer, turning every 3-5 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Repeat until all tots are cooked. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and serve hot.