This is officially the best fat bomb I have ever made. Hands down. No competition. The best.
I realized in a panic that I was out of fat bombs and didn’t get enough fat in yesterday. When I am swamped (in a good way) with work, I am GREAT at intermittent fasting – eat one real meal – but struggle to hit those fat macros. And then I got home and realized I was out of fat bombs! Luckily, these are so easy and quick… I decided to add some cacao powder (or you can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder) to my usual fat bomb base and a little extra sweetness, put a glob of nut butter in the middle and OMG OMG OMG.
You must make these and keep in the freezer!
Chocolate Nut Butter Cup Fat Bombs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened, or my preference is cacao powder)
- 1 scoop low carb protein powder (I use IsoPure Zero Carb in Vanilla)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened nut butter (peanut or almond is best, I actually used sunflower butter, but I’ve found most people don’t like sunflower butter)
- 5 – 6 drops Lakanto monkfruit sweetener (or stevia)
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and add protein and cocoa powders. Whisk until smooth. Turn heat off and add sweetener.
- Either using a silicone mold or muffin tin lined with 6 cupcake liners, pour half of mixture evenly amongst the 6 muffin liners. Put 1/6 of the nut butter in the center of each. Top off with remaining cocoa mixture. (to have the nut butter perfectly in the center, freeze first layer for 15 – 20 minutes, then add nut butter filling and the top layer of chocolate mixture and freeze until set… I just couldn’t wait that long!)
- Set in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- If you don’t eat them all (kidding, kinda), store whatever’s leftover in a ziploc in the freezer.