When quarantine started, we invested in an ice cream maker and had so much fun making all sorts of keto ice cream recipes – the Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream being my favorite hands down. While the ice cream maker has been a fun distraction while we experiment, I have to say that some of my favorite keto ice cream recipes are still simple ones that don’t require the ice cream maker – like this Keto Coconut Milk Ice Cream and? the Butter Pecan mason jar recipe from Keto Connect – butter pecan is my favorite and their recipe is just so simple and full of flavor.
When buying coconut milk, make sure you don’t buy reduced fat – like with most keto-friendly recipes, you want the full fat not only for your macros but also for the creamy consistency of ice cream for this treat. I get mine at Trader Joe’s usually, however it’s available at any supermarket.
What I love about this Keto Coconut Milk Ice Cream is that it is delicious on it’s own, but also a great base to make a variety of flavors. Some of my favorites are:
Blackberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream: Blend 1/2 cup of blackberries in for a tangy treat.
Coffee Coconut Milk Ice Cream: I mix in a tsp of instant espresso powder while mixing for a smooth coffee latte flavor.
Pumpkin Coconut Milk Ice Cream: blend in 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree and 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
4-Ingredient Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 16 oz full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup powdered Swerve sweetener
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place a medium metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove the bowl from the freezer and add all ingredients, including add-ons (see above) if making a flavored ice cream. Blend using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the bowl back in the freezer.
- Stir every 15 - 20 minutes for one hour.
- Allow to set in freezer for 3 hours, or overnight before serving.