With the holiday season coming up, of course, we’re starting to think about holiday cookies and treats! Even though my sons are in their late teens, decorating Christmas cookies has been a tradition we have maintained since they were kids. My older son has joined the low carb lifestyle with me for the most part, so this year, we’ll be decorating holiday cookies with this keto cream cheese cookies recipe – which I whip up often for a sweet treat but they’re they perfect low carb, gluten free cookie option for the holidays!
You can use cookie cutters for fun shapes with this keto cream cheese cookie dough – it retains shapes really well and with under 1g of net carbs per cookie – this is a delicious recipe to experiment with flavors like lemon or almond extracts in place of vanilla extract. Get creative! What I love about these keto cream cheese cookies is that they are delicious on their own and have almost a cheesecake-like texture!
As with most of my baking recipes, I use a mixture of coconut flour and almond flour for the best texture. I also used Swerve in this as my sweetener, however I alternate between monkfruit sweetener and Swerve…both work well!
Keto Cream Cheese Cookies
- Using a hand or stand mixture, whip the butter and Swerve until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the cream cheese.
- Add the egg.
- Using a wooden spoon, add in the flours and xanthan gum and mix until just combined.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Form a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours, or overnight ideally.
- When ready to use, roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to create your cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350?.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 8 - 10 minutes, until they begin to brown. You can keep them in for another minute or so if you like crispier cookies.