Salmon is a delicious, fatty fish that can be used in a variety of ways – we love it in the morning for Salmon Benedict and use any leftovers from this recipe on our lunch salads the next day. This is one of my favorite baked keto salmon recipes – salmon is a terrific keto staple thanks to plenty of good fats and it’s delicious!
Benefits of Salmon on a Keto Diet
Rich in omega-3s which are essential to heart health and lowering cholesterol (aka, these are the good fats!), salmon is an excellent protein source that works well for those on living a keto lifestyle because of the fat profile. In addition to good fats, salmon is high in B vitamins, loaded in selenium and astaxanthin, which is an antioxidant that has show to reduce inflammation and reverse aging.
The creamy sauce on this has a little tang thanks to the sour cream (no lowfat please – use full fat sour cream) and mustard. This baked keto salmon recipe is easy to pop in the oven and cook up – no laborious preparation here! Feel free to experiment with other condiments in the sauce – I sometimes substitute either a Thai Chili Paste or Sriracha for the mustard to mix it up!
Share your favorite keto salmon recipe below in the comments!
Creamy Dijon Baked Salmon
- 16 oz. Salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 lb Spinach - Raw
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400?F
- Grease a baking dish with half of the butter or olive oil. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, and place in the baking dish, skin-side down.
- Mix sour cream and mustard in a small bowl and spread on the salmon filets.
- Bake for 15?20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, saut? the spinach in remaining olive oil until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with the oven-baked salmon.