There are many low-carb pizza crust alternatives – from cheese-based “fathead” dough to cauliflower crusts and more. But did you ever think about using a fried egg as a crust alternative? While you can’t pick up a slice and bite down on this like other alternative pizza bases, these egg-based “pizzas” are a fun spin and are delicious for breakfast or even lunch!
We’ve gone with a traditional pepperoni “pizza” here and added some goat (or feta) cheese for some extra flavor, but you can experiment with toppings and cheeses to make your favorite!
Egg "Pizzas"Print Pin Rate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce we like Rao's
- 2 tbsp goat or feta cheese crumbled
- 6 slices pepperoni
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch crushed red chili flakes optional
- Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. When the butter is melted and the skillet is hot, crack the eggs into the pan.
- Once the egg whites just start to set and turn opaque, reduce the heat to low, spoon the tomato sauce on top of the eggs, and sprinkle the goat or feta cheese over the sauce..
- Continue cooking over low heat until the whites are completely set. Top with pepperoni, mozzarella, parmesan, Italian seasoning and chili flakes, if using.
- Continue cooking over low heat until the whites are completely set and the cheeses have melted.