Bacon and broccoli are a magical combination, and in this chilled keto broccoli salad, they come together with a tangy, fresh dressing that’s perfect for summer BBQs. Depending on how many people I’m serving, I’ll sometimes make a double batch because the flavors come together even more when stored in the fridge overnight and is great the next day! I love this alternative keto salad for meal prep too – it works great on the side will grilled chicken that you can prep on Sunday and enjoy for lunch throughout the week! We love this with our favorite burgers and keto french fries!
Benefits of Broccoli and Why It’s a Keto (and Ketology) Superfood
Broccoli is a nutritional superfood packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. One of the main reasons I always have raw broccoli in my kitchen is it’s a great source of Vitamin C, which as we age, we have to make sure we get adequate vitamin C because it’s a potent antioxidant and is amazing for skin health and immune function. It?s also vital for collagen synthesis – which we lose as we age and helps regenerate connective tissue, bones, teeth and your small blood vessels.
The crunch of the fresh broccoli with the almonds and creamy dressing will make this keto broccoli salad a favorite in your keto recipe list for sure!
Keto Broccoli Salad
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Swerve sweetener or your favorite alternative
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Place bacon in a deep skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Cool and crumble.
- Cut the broccoli and red onion into bite-size pieces / slices. Don't discard the broccoli stalks! Cut them up for maximum nutritional benefits! Combine with the bacon and almonds. Mix well.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk the mayonnaise, Swerve and apple cider vinegar together until smooth.
- Toss into the salad, chill and serve.