Brownies a la mode – a warm, gooey brownie with a scoop of ice cream on it – is a classic dessert that typically seems too decadent to be enjoyed on any diet or keto lifestyle, however I’m here to tell you the rich chocolate brownies are more than possible on keto. This keto brownie recipe yield delicious, chocolate-y squares of goodness and at 5g of net carbs each, are practically guilt-free!
I made this keto brownie recipe a few weeks ago and topped them with a scoop of Halo Top’s keto ice cream for myself and some guests – no one could believe they were low carb and sugar free! Of course, we can’t make indulging in desserts like this a daily habit…it’s still a treat however you can satisfy that sweet tooth or craving without the guilt! Don’t balk at the avocado in this recipe, it not only adds healthy fats but also adds a richness and creamy quality that is essential for dense, chewy keto brownies.
If you aren’t into baking, Swerve has a to-die-for brownie mix that is delicious and takes minutes to whip up OR FatSnax brownies have less than 1g of net carbs each, are already made and delicious!
Keto Brownie Recipe
- 3/4 cup almond flour I use the Bob's Red Mill superfine
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener we use Swerve or erythritol
- 1/3 cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp avocado mashed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Lily's dark chocolate baking chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350?.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour and cocoa powder together until combined.
- Add in the baking powder, salt and sweetener. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, mashed avocado and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and keep brownies in the warm oven for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Cut and enjoy!