Eggs are a keto essential and once I mastered the (simple) art of creating thin omelettes to use as wraps, the world of breakfast opened WIDE. There are some great egg or cauliflower-based wraps available at Costco and supermarkets – I usually have some in the fridge – however they are also simple to make at home to fill with your favorite fillings for a different take on breakfast.
These greek-style wraps include delicious feta cheese and roasted red peppers – yum!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 12 large kalamata olives pitted
- 2 oz roasted red peppers jarred, in oil
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp parsley flakes
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- sliced red onions garnish, optional
- chopped fresh parsley garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, combine one egg, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt and whisk until combined.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over high heat and pour in egg mixture, spreading evenly so it forms a thin, even layer.
- Once the first side is cooked, about 1 minute, flip and continue to cook until golden on bottom, about 2 more minutes.
- Remove egg wrap to a plate.
- Repeat the above steps with remaining egg, olive oil, and salt.
- In a food processor, mix olives, peppers, chili flakes, and parsley flakes, until well chopped and blended, about 30 seconds.
- Equally divide olive paste between the frittatas, spreading it on top of each in an even layer.
- Top with fresh avocado slices and crumbled feta. Garnish with fresh parsley and red onion, if desired.
- Roll each tightly and cut in half.