Yes, we’ve been making lots of low carb and keto recipes with pumpkin here lately – tis the season, we’re still pretty much stuck at home due to the pandemic and we’re all pumpkin fans around here. So we’ve made pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie and pumpkin muffins so far — and a keto pumpkin spice ice cream that was amazing that I still have to post – and last night, we made these delicious Keto Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I use this cream cheese frosting for many recipes – I top pumpkin muffins with it too and while this recipe is similar to the muffins, the keto pumpkin bars are a little moister and denser…more cake like and perfect with coffee!
These days, my sugar substitute go-tos are Swerve or Lakanto Monkfruit. I don’t think I have a favorite among the two – the both produce the same results and bake well. I typically just use the first one I grab in my pantry!
With only 4g of net carbs per serving, this is the perfect Fall treat. You can double the recipe and store these in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. My sons love these cold, so I usually pop them in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
Keto Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Pumpkin Bars
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener I use Swerve
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree unsweetened
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioner's powdered sweetener, I use Swerve
TO MAKE THE KETO PUMPKIN BARS
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, granulated sweetener, butter, and pumpkin with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, sift together the almond and coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into a brownie or square cake pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
TO MAKE THE KETO CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the powdered sweetener in 1/4 cup increments, beating until smooth before adding the next batch.
- Once the frosting is thoroughly combined, spread it evenly on top of the cooled pumpkin bars.
- Cut into 12 squares.