Mexican food is my major weakness – I definitely struggled when I realized I might have to give up tacos, enchiladas and margaritas! But, of course, there are still plenty of ways to enjoy all the amazing Mexican dishes without the carbs. Luckily, these two recipes for Keto Taco Casserole and Keto Enchilada Casserole will satisfy your deepest cravings. Ole!
We love everything about tacos – who doesn’t? I have covered our love of Taco Night extensively with recipes and more on here, but when I saw the lots of people wanted a Keto Taco Casserole recipe, I wasn’t sure what that was all about until I decided to try it this week in place of our usual taco fare. Now I get the Keto Taco Casserole obsession! Think of this as a lasagne with all the spices and deliciousness of tacos. What’s better is that leftovers are SO DARN GOOD the next day! I just heat it up in the microwave, added a dollop of sour cream and some salsa and BAM! Delicious, keto lunch served up in seconds.
I tried this two ways – one in a cast iron skillet and one in a casserole dish…I went enchilada style with the casserole dish and used Cut Da Carb wraps which are a perfect tortilla substitute. For the cast iron casserole, I cut the Cut Da Carb wraps (or you can use your favorite low carb tortilla) and air fried them for a keto tortilla chip that was perfect for dipping! Either way, both of these are delicious, low carb and the whole family will love them!
Keto Enchilada Casserole
- 2 large chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 14 oz enchilada sauce look for one without added sugar, like Hatch
- 3 Cut Da Carb sheets cut into halves, or 6 low carb tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cheese use one or a combo of your favorites. I use equal parts Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika optional
- Preheat oven to 375?
- Lightly spray a casserole dish with cooking oil and set aside.
- Put a small pot over medium-low heat on the stove.
- Cut each chicken breast in thirds and place in pot.
- Toss in the salt, pepper and smoked paprika to lightly coat the chicken.
- Pour Enchilada sauce in and cook covered until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Stir every 5 minutes to make sure the sauce doesn't burn or stick to the bottom of the pot.
- When cooked through, remove the chicken from the sauce and place in a medium bowl.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Coat the bottom of the baking dish with the sauce - just a few tablespoons.
- Lay down your Cut Da Carb wrap or low carb tortillas to cover the bottom.
- Top with 1/3 of the shredded chicken.
- Pour on 1/3 of the sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded cheese combo.
- Repeat each layer (starting with the Cut Da Carb wraps or tortillas).
- Bake for 25 minutes until bubbly and browned on tip.
- Remove from oven and let your Keto Enchiladas rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with sour cream, fresh cilantro or your favorite salsa.
Keto Taco Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning we like Simply Organic's Southwest Taco
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup salsa look for a brand without added sugar
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 2 oz black olives sliced, canned
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- Preheat oven to 375?.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet.
- Add taco seasoning and salsa and mix until combined.
- When meat has cooled a bit, mix in the eggs.
- Pour the meat and mixture into your cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Arrange the red onion and olives over the cheese.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Top with chopped tomato and let set for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, fresh chopped cilantro or chopped green onions.