As a first-generation Indian in the US, I grew up eating Indian food daily – for each meal – like really, each meal. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. So, by the time I was a pre-teen, I took it upon myself to learn to cook, mainly because I was desperately craving diversity and honestly, wanted lunches that looked more like what my friends’ parents were packing and less like a full Indian thali being coming out of my Wonder Woman lunch box.
My mom is a fabulous, the best, cook, so the food was delicious and she gave me a solid base as a home chef. So, this take on delicious Keto Tandoori Chicken keeps it keto and packs some heat because #1, I love spicy foods and #2, spices rev up the metabolism!
You can always turn down the heat – adjust this based on your preferences however you are in for a treat regardless! I serve this with cauliflower rice or keto naan and garnish with lots of cilantro!
Keto Tandoori Chicken
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cayenne
- 1 cup plain whole milk greek yogurt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- In a medium bowl, mix together all spices. Add yogurt, stirring to blend thoroughly.
- Pour yogurt mixture into a large Ziploc bag.
- Cut chicken thighs into 2 inch cubes.
- Place chicken in ziploc and marinate in yogurt mixture. Knead the outside of the bag to make sure all the pieces of chicken are evenly coated.
- Let sit in refrigerator for at least 1 hour (or up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or a silpat.
- Place chicken cubes onto baking sheet. Don't pour it onto the baking sheet, you only want the coated chicken, no excess.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until fully cooked, flipping once the midway point.
- Serve with lemon wedges, top with chopped cilantro and over cauliflower rice or with keto naan.