Crepes and pancakes have always been a big part of our weekends, and we are also blessed with a Meyer lemon tree in our backyard, so any opportunity to use these gems is welcome in our home! I use ricotta often for desserts and main dishes, and these light, fluffy pancakes are perfect – and low carb! – for a Sunday morning treat.
These pancakes also store well for a few days in the fridge, so i usually make a full batch and tightly seal leftovers for the next day!
Lemon Ricotta PancakesPrint Pin Rate
- 4 oz full-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp Swerve confectioner's sugar or powdered Erythritol
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- butter or coconut oil spray for the pan
- 1/2 cup fresh whipped cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
- In a blender, combine the ricotta cheese and eggs. Pulse until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, Swerve, baking powder, vanilla extract, and lemon extract to the blender and pulse until the ingredients are well combined and the batter is smooth.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet or griddle pan with butter (or coconut oil spray) and heat over medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, add 1/4 cup of the batter and cook until the pancake starts to form air bubbles on the top, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for about another minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top each pancake with whipped cream, and a few blueberries, if using. Garnish with lemon zest, for some extra flair.