Stuffed mushrooms make for a great appetizer or small snack-style dinner, however traditional stuffed mushrooms use lots of breadcrumbs in the filling…and honestly, I don’t know why! These stuffed mushrooms, which I’ve prepared before for guests but made a small batch last night for dinner because I wasn’t terribly hungry, are filling, delicious and don’t need any carby breadcrumbs for flavor!
I am currently obsessed with our air fryer, so cooked these stuffed mushrooms in it, however you can also just pop them in the oven. Either way: deliciously satisfying!
Low Carb Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/2 dozen mushroom caps - I used cremini
- 4 oz cooked crab meat I used the frozen Trader Joe’s version
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Paprika - to taste
- Remove stems from mushroom caps and set aside
- Mix cooked crab meat, cream cheese, mayo and spices together in a bowl.
- Lightly stuff each mushroom cap with about 1 tbsp of crab mixture. Place on air fryer tray.
- Sprinkle with extra paprika and parmesan.
- Cook at 350 for 7 minutes. If you don’t have an air fryer, bake these on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.