One of my favorite, simple grilled salmon recipes is a sweet soy teriyaki dish with fresh lemon that works so well with the rich and oily salmon. Salmon is a fantastic fish option for the keto diet – it’s high in good fats and protein while also packing in the selenium, astaxanthin and potassium which all have anti-aging benefits. This low carb teriyaki grilled salmon recipe uses a few keto hacks to keep the carb count low but the flavor to the max.
Since I live in Southern California, I like to grill this on our BBQ year round, however you can also grill this indoors on a grill pan – either way, it will turn out perfectly. I like to serve this with asparagus and cauliflower rice for a perfectly low carb and delicious meal. I usually get my salmon from Butcher Box because they have great prices on high quality meat and seafood.
If you decide to serve this grilled salmon recipe with asparagus, here’s my simple but delicious way to prepare broiled asparagus: cut the rough ends off your asparagus and place them in a shallow baking dish and coat with olive oil or avocado oil. Sprinkle some pink salt and place the baking sheet in the oven under the boiler for 5 – 8 minutes. That’s it! They come out crisp and delicious and pair perfectly with this grilled salmon dish!
Low Carb Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- 1?? pounds salmon fillets
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pink salt
- ? cup coconut aminos
- ? cup Swerve brown sugar substitute or Lakanto golden monkfruit sweetener
- ? cup water
- ? cup avocado oil or olive oil
- Season salmon fillets with lemon, pepper garlic powder, and pink salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together coconut aminos, brown sugar substitute, water, and avocado oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large ziploc with your teriyaki sauce and seal. Place in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium and use cooking spray to lightly coat. Alternatively, you can heat a grill pan on the stove and spray the pan.
- Place salmon on the preheated grill or grill pan.. Cook salmon until cooked through, when it's opaque -- about 6 - 8 minutes on each side.
- Serve with asparagus and cauliflower rice.