I’ve been experimenting with cocktails since it’s holiday time and I tend to entertain quite a bit. While it’s not recommended to drink too much while on keto (or really, at all), these recipes allow you to enjoy your favorite cocktails – in moderation! – without the high carb and sugar guilt.
These vodka mojitos are too good – like sinfully good. I adapted one of my favorite, simple vodka mojito recipes from Giada de Laurentiis for this recipe. Most of it is exactly like hers, except I made a sugar free, mint-infused simple syrup to eliminate the sugar.
I store any leftover simple syrup in a mason jar – it will stay good in the fridge for about a week!
Low Carb Vodka Mojitos
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Mint-Infused Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol (if you can't find powdered, grind it in a spice grinder for a few seconds)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mint leaves, tightly packed
- 5 - 10 drops liquid stevia optional
- Over medium heat, mix water and powdered erythritol until dissolved.
- Add mint leaves and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, bring heat down to a simmer and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool. If you want the syrup sweeter, add stevia. Test it first...I usually don't add the stevia however I prefer this less sweet.
- Once simple syrup is cool, combine mint-infused syrup, vodka, lime juice and club soda in a pitcher.
- Stir well.
- Serve in ice filled glasses. Garnish with lime and extra mint sprigs.