Sometimes, it’s necessary to end the day on a sweet note. Last night, for me, that was in the form of a chocolate mug cake with fresh whipped cream.
I don’t have a crazy sweet tooth, so I don’t indulge in sweets too often, but I had a MAJOR chocolate craving so decided to experiment with a few different ingredients which ended up in a moist, not too sweet but majorly satisfying cake-for-one.
And I threw in some chopped Lily’s Salted Almond chocolate for extra goodness which added gooey, chocolatey perfection!
NOTE: you can use Swerve instead of powdered Erythritol or your sweetener of choice.
Salted Almond and Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp sour cream (full fat)
- 1 tbsp chopped Lily’s Salted Almond chocolate
- 2 – 3 tsp powdered Erythritol
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch pink salt
- Melt butter in mug for around 30 seconds in microwave.
- And all additional ingredients to mug and mix well. Microwave 60 seconds.
- Top with Keto whipped cream (I made mine fresh by beating heavy cream and stevia).