Sometimes, it’s necessary to end the day on a sweet note. Last night, for me, that was in the form of a keto chocolate mug cake with fresh whipped cream. I don’t know who invented the concept of mug cakes, but where have they been all our lives? Why did I just learn of them now that I’m keto? I have a half-dozen keto mug cake recipes that I swear by, but mug cakes aren’t just for those living low carb – my son has become a master at making mug cakes for dessert too!
Ok, back to my keto chocolate mug cake creation. I don’t have a crazy sweet tooth, so I don’t indulge in sweets too often, but I had a MAJOR chocolate craving so decided to experiment with a few different ingredients which ended up in a moist, not too sweet but majorly satisfying keto dessert-for-one.
And I threw in some chopped Lily’s Salted Almond chocolate for extra goodness which added melty, gooey, chocolatey perfection!
NOTE: you can use Swerve instead of powdered Erythritol or your sweetener of choice.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp sour cream full fat
- 1 tbsp chopped Lily’s Salted Almond chocolate
- 2 - 3 tsp powdered Erythritol
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch pink salt
- Melt butter in mug for around 30 seconds in microwave.
- And all additional ingredients to mug and mix well. Microwave 60 seconds.
- Top with Keto whipped cream (I made mine fresh by beating heavy cream and stevia).