As I’ve said often on here, I’m not a big fan of sweets. I like sweets, however if I were to choose, I’d go for savory any day.
However tonight, I needed something sweet and decided to completely wing it and try to make a single (well, actually two) serving cheesecake. And for real, I am pretty sure this is my best creation yet and it was completely on the fly! I did read up on about a dozen different options and came up with my own recipe that turned out better than I could ever imagine. Even my sons loved it and couldn’t tell it had an alternative sweetener or non-graham cracker crust.
This is a must-have for the recipe app for sure.
NOTE: I probably should have let it set in the fridge for the night but again, this was necessary – NOW – so after baking, I popped it in the freezer for an hour and it was still perfection.
Seriously the Best Low Carb Cheesecake Ever
- 1/8 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp tbsp butter
- 2 - 3 drops drops stevia I used vanilla
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 large egg yeah, this was challenging, but worth it
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp lemon juice
- pinch pink salt
- 1 tbsp powdered erythritol or your preferred sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Melt butter and mix with almond flour and stevia. Divide and press into bottom of 2 ramekins. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Put cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat it with hand mixer until creamy. Add vanilla extract, lemon egg and erythritol (or your preferred sweetener). Beat until combined.
- Divide filling among the two ramekins…they should be fairly full.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes. Place in freezer for an hour or in fridge overnight (if you can wait that long!)