This weekend, I went to a pot-luck birthday dinner for a good friend who just started experimenting with a keto lifestyle. She specifically requested that I make my “famous” deviled eggs – which are super creamy thanks to my secret super-ingredient: avocado. The avocado not only make a huge difference in texture, it also adds more good fat in addition to the egg yolks and mayo!
I like to make mine a bit spicy with a combo of cayenne, smoked paprika and chilis, though you can leave them out for a more traditional deviled egg.
Spicy Avocado Deviled EggsPrint Pin Rate
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 1/4 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1/2 ripe avocado mashed with a fork
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika plus more for garnish
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp serrano pepper minced finely, seeds removed (optional)
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Slice the eggs in a half lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a mixing bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork.
- To the mixing bowl with the yolks, add the mustard, mayonnaise, and mashed avocado. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add serrano pepper (if using), paprika, cayenne and salt and mix one last time.
- Transfer the yolk mixture to a pastry bag or large ziploc bag. If using a ziploc bag, snip off a corner of the bag. Pipe the mixture into the egg whites.
- Top each deviled egg with some fresh parsley and sprinkle of smoked paprika, if desired.