The Sous Vide obsession continues… Today, I decided to try to recreate Starbucks egg bites and they were delicious!
Sous vide cooking is not for the impatient – last week I tried soft boiled eggs which took nearly 45 minutes and were meh. I’m sticking to the instant pot for those, but these egg bites are perfectly souffle-like and satisfying. I made mine with bacon and havarti, but any combo you like with eggs I’m sure would work.
Starbucks-Style Sous Vide Egg BitesPrint Pin Rate
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup full-fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese i like gruyere or havarti
- pinvh salt
- pinch black pepper
- Setup your water bath and set sous vide cooker to 172℉
- Blend eggs, cottage and shredded cheeses with salt and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly among 4 Mason jars (I used 4oz Ball jelly jars).
- Add desired toppings: bacon crumbles, diced peppers or tomato, diced ham...or get creative! If you can omelette it, you can egg bite it!
- Cover the jelly jars tightly, submerge in the water bath and set timer for an hour.
- After the hour is up - carefully remove the jars (I used tongs) and allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes.