While alcohol can make us more prone to cheat, sometimes we just need a good cocktail – and I love margaritas. Traditional margaritas are full of sugar – and therefore NOT keto friendly. This stevia-sweetened version is simple to make and the addition of pink sea salt on the rim (totally optional) adds a nice touch – and some good minerals to go with our cocktail!
The fresh lime juice brings 7g of carbs with it, so while we shouldn’t indulge in one of these all the time, it’s a nice, refreshing boozy treat to have here and there.
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 1/3 cup lime juice preferably fresh squeezed
- 1 oz grand marnier
- 1 oz keto simple syrup recipe below
Keto Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated Swerve sweetener or erythritol
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- First, make a batch of simple syrup by mixing the sweetener and boiling water until the sweetener is dissolved. I store this in a mason jar in the fridge to use for cocktail emergencies 🙂
- Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice.
- Pour into salt-rimmed glasses and garnish with lime.