We have been all about chicken legs and drumsticks lately – especially in the air fryer. They turn out so perfectly juicy and tender – and in around 15 minutes!
We’ve tried all sorts of recipes however this one is the current favorite. The delicious blend of Indian spices and cream add an earthy goodness and drizzling lemon and a hit of cilantro to the final dish balances it out perfectly.
I made roasted brussels sprouts with a somewhat similar spice blend which complemented the chicken divinely!
Air Fryer Tandoori Drumsticks
- 4 drumsticks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Mix heavy cream and spices in a large bowl. Add chicken and marinate for at least an hour. I like to cut little slits in the chicken to help the marinade really get in there!
- Place drumsticks in air fryer skin side down (if you kept the skin on). Cook at 360 for 10 minutes. Flip and then cook at 370 for another 7 minutes.
Crispy Indian Spiced Brussels Sprouts
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground coriander seed
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin seed
- ⅛ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix olive oil and spices together in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Lay Brussels sprout halves on a baking sheet. Pour olive oil and spice mixture over sprouts and toss to coat.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, until tender.