I love avocados and have one pretty much daily – usually just on it’s own with a sprinkle of pink sea salt and a drizzle of lime juice, however when I discovered that tuna salad combined with avocado is SO FREAKING AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS, I can’t have tuna salad any other way. These tuna salad stuffed avocados are so easy to construct – just make your favorite tuna salad, pop it in the center of your avocado half and voila! An easy lunch that you can prepare in advance and take to work or store in the fridge for a keto lunch in minutes.
I always add pickle to my tuna salad and prefer to use avocado mayo – which is mayo made with avocado oil – however you can use regular mayo as well. I also have recently been on a hot sauce kick, so I will top this off with my favorite hot sauce or a few shakes of Tajin seasoning. This healthy and filling lunch also is great to make ahead, just prepare the tuna salad and store in the fridge – and assemble it when you’re ready to enjoy your Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados!
I stock up on Avocado Mayo at Costco and also buy my tuna there too – check out my Top 10 Keto Costco Must-Haves – for more!
Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados
- 1 large avocado
- 1 5-oz can tuna packed in water
- 2 tbsp keto-friendly mayonnaise
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, put tuna, mayonnaise, bell pepper, dried onion, garlic salt, and pepper and mash together with a fork until combined.
- Scoop half of the mixture into each half of the avocado. Serve.