I love avocados and have one pretty much daily – usually just on it’s own with a sprinkle of pink sea salt and a drizzle of lime juice, however when I discovered that tuna salad combined with avocado is SO FREAKING AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS, I can’t have tuna salad any other way.
I always add pickle to my tuna salad and prefer to use avocado mayo – which is mayo made with avocado oil – however you can use regular mayo as well. This healthy and filling lunch also is great to make ahead, just prepare the tuna salad and store in the fridge – and assemble it when you’re ready to enjoy!
- 1 large avocado ripe
- 1 5-oz can albacore tuna packed in water
- 2 tbsp avocado mayonnaise
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp pickle diced
- 1/4 medium red onion diced
- 1/8 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Everything Bagel seasoning optional (we like Trader Joe's)
- handful alfalfa sprouts optional
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, bell pepper, onion, pickle, pink salt, and pepper and mash until combined.
- Scoop half of the mixture into each half of the avocado. Top with sprouts and sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning if desired.