While I have never been a big sweets person, fat bombs have become my go-to way to end the day and get my fat macros in. I’ve experimented with all sorts of recipes like my chocolate nut butter fat bombs which are my favorite, however these come in at a close second!
The sweetness in these comes from the protein powder – I use IsoPure’s Zero Carb vanilla however you can definitely experiment with other protein powders and flavors. The real secret to what makes these oh-so-good for you is the Maca Powder. Beyond the healthy fat from coconut oil, maca powder packs anti-aging and hormone regulating properties that makes these a Ketology super snack!
What is Maca Powder?
Maca Powder is made from – you guessed it – maca which is a Peruvian cruciferous root vegetable. It’s been a hot supplement for a while and with good reason – the powder is used by athletes to boost energy however the real benefits lie in its help in regulating hormones – specifically in pre-menopausal and menopausal women – and helps stabilize mood swings.
Also – maca is beneficial in alleviating stress, increasing libido (always a good thing), and improving brain function.
A little maca powder goes a long way – we only use a tablespoon in this fat bomb recipe but adding it to smoothies or coffee too!
Vanilla Macadamia Maca Fat Bombs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 scoops Isopure Zero Carb Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 4 - 5 macadamia nuts crushed
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add protein powder, collagen peptides and maca powder and mix well.
- Remove from heat and pour into silicone mold. Divide evenly to make 12 fat bombs.
- Top each with crushed macadamia nuts.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes.