Whole Roasted Branzino is one of my favorite meals – and super quick and easy to prepare too. Don’t be afraid of the whole fish – it won’t bite and is so delicious when done.
I keep it simple – I only use olive oil, salt & pepper, fresh rosemary and lemon slices with my branzino. I serve it with some fresh arugula coated with lemon juice and a few cracks of fresh pepper and voilà! The perfect lunch or a light dinner.
Whole Roasted Branzino with a Fresh Arugula Salad
- 1 whole branzino cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pink himalayan sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- non-stick spray
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon halved slice up one half, use remaining half to juice over salad
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with a non-stick spray (I use avocado oil)
- Place cleaned branzino on the baking sheet and coat both sides and inner cavity with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on outsides and cavity as well.
- Stuff 2 - 3 sprigs or rosemary and 2 - 3 slices of fresh lemon in cavity.
- Bake / roast fish in oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve branzino with arugula coated with juice of half lemon and remaining black pepper.