I’ve tried so many low carb and keto pizza crusts and most are decent – fat head dough is solid and some almond and cauliflower-based crusts do the trick, but I had yet to venture into the chicken-based pizza crust until this weekend. AND, this is DEFINITELY my new go to! This keto pizza crust recipe is DELICIOUS – it holds up to the toppings and don’t worry, you won’t taste the “secret” ingredient!
Fat head who? Just kidding, I love fat head dough for many things, namely my keto bagels, but when it comes to pizza, I just didn’t love it. This recipe I LOVE!
I had reservations about trying this zero carb option for a keto pizza crust recipe because, well – it starts with chicken – but finally did because I was desperate to try something new for pizza night and I’m so glad I did. It’s delicious! It’s hearty and not flimsy, and with the right toppings, the chicken flavor is barely detectable. An important trick is to rinse the chicken VERY well before popping it in the oven to dry. I think being cooped up in a can is what adds to the almost tuna-like smell…just drain and rinse it well and you won’t even be able to tell there’s chicken in the pizza crust! I topped mine with shredded and fresh mozzarella, tore up some basil and sprinkled red pepper flakes, but you can go to to town and load it up with your favorites…it will keep it’s shape, not fall apart and is so simple and delicious!
Zero Carb Keto Pizza Crust
- 2 8oz cans roasted chicken breast
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning optional
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Drain the cans of chicken well and flake the chicken onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to create a single layer.
- Bake for 5 - 10 minutes just to remove any moisture.
- Remove from oven and add to a mixing bowl with eggs, cheeses and seasoning (if using) and mix until a chunky "dough?"forms.
- Press the crust onto your baking sheet into a circle and parbake for 7 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top with sauce and your favorite toppings.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425?F and bake the pizza for 10 - 12 more minutes, until the cheese starts to bubble and brown.
Awesone crust…thanks for sharing! My wife has lost 40 lbs on keto!