As I’ve said over and over, I love zucchini and always have, even before going keto. One of my first gadget purchases was a vegetable spiralizer, so zucchini noodles – aka zoodles – are a frequent part of my meals. I think they work perfectly as a pasta substitute for bolognese, in lasagne and more. And this super keto recipe for zoodles with avocado pesto is a delicious, healthy fat-packed way to enjoy zucchini noodles with a little bit of a twist on a traditional psesto.
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 medium avocado pitted and flesh scooped out in bowl
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetarian parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Make zoodles using a spiralizer or by cutting long strips and then slicing into fine noodles. Set "noodles" aside.
- Add avocado to a blender with basil, lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add zucchini noodles. Sauté until just softened, about 4 minutes.
- Pour sauce into skillet, add with pine nuts, and toss to coat zucchini.
- Remove from heat.