We are big on pancakes in our house – I’ve tried many of the keto pancake mixes available and love experimenting with various keto breakfast treats – specifically low carb pancakes. This classic keto cream cheese pancakes are simple to make – only three ingredients if you choose to go the coconut flour-less route! – and are delicious with your favorite low carb syrup (ChocZero is my fave) or because they are on the thinner side if you omit the coconut flour, you can serve them crepe-style with berries or with a smear of this low carb Nutella dupe from Pyure which is delicious!
So, as I mentioned above, if you want a thinner, crepe style pancakes, omit the coconut flour and you’ll end up with lighter and thinner keto cream cheese pancakes. The coconut flour and baking powder produce a more pancake-y texture with the more cheesecake-like texture thanks to the cream cheese. Either way, they are delicious and less than 4g of net carbs per serving!
Coconut flour vs Almond Flour in Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
If you do go with the fluffier style of these pancakes, I suggest coconut flour over almond flour. While in many of my baking recipes, I use a combination of the two in this, the smoother texture of the coconut flour compliments the cream cheese for a smooth texture that you’re going for!
Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
FOR CREPE-STYLE PANCAKES
- 3 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Swerve granulated sweetener or your favorite sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs room temperature
FOR FLUFFY PANCAKES ADD
- 3 tbsp coconut flour if using
- 1/2 tsp baking powder if using
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl (I actually put them in the blender and blend it up_ and beat until smooth.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- In 1/4 cup increments, cook the pancakes, flipping after about 2 minutes until golden brown.