Avocados and eggs are a magical combination and both are two keto superfoods that I always have stocked in my kitchen. Something about the creaminess of the avocado works so well with eggs prepared any way you like – I add avocado to almost every egg dish from keto-friendly breakfast burritos (recipe coming soon!) to these easy to make baked avocado and eggs. You can add any toppings you like to this, I usually keep it simple with some crumbled bacon and just salt and pepper but sometimes I add goat cheese and crushed red pepper flakes for a little spice and more creamy goodness…and more good fat from the goat cheese!
Benefits of Avocado on a Keto Diet
Loaded with healthy fats, low in net carbs and high in fiber, avocados are an excellent addition to the keto diet. Even better, thanks to the high soluble fiber content, avocados are helpful in reducing belly fat specifically by suppressing appetite and helping keep you regular.
Benefits of Eggs on a Keto Diet
Eggs are another keto superfood because of their near perfect nutritional profile that meets keto macros.
The trickiest part of this?recipe is getting the avocado half to not tip over, so I usually use a smaller baking sheet or even place the egg-filled avocados in individual ramekins before placing them on a baking sheet.
Have you tried to make Baked Avocado and Eggs? Let us know in the comments below what you put on them!
Baked Avocado and Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 - 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- pinch cayenne pepper optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degree.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, making sure not to break the yolk.
- Put avocado halves facing up on a rimmed baking dish or sheet. I like to use a smaller dish so the avocado can sit up against the dish wall so they don't tip over.
- Carefully place an egg yolk in each avocado half.
- Then, spoon a little of the egg white to fill the pit opening. You won't use all of the egg white.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove, Sprinkle with bacon and enjoy!