Everyone touts the benefits of Bulletproof coffee – especially on a Ketogenic diet. And everyone has their preferred methods of making it – with slight variations all over the web.
I’ve been drinking a cup of Bulletproof coffee each morning for about three years now – long before I started living a Ketogenic lifestyle. I’ve modified it for a number of reasons – to reduce sugar and carbs, to add some extra oomph, etc. – however I’ve always included the Bulletproof brand of High Octane Brain Oil and powdered Collagen Peptides. The combination has always made me feel great and my theory is, if it works, don’t change it. I’ve experimented with different Collagen powders, but keep coming back to Vital Proteins although I also like some of Primal Kitchen’s collagen powders as well.
So, here’s my version of Bulletproof coffee which I have pretty much every morning without fail. The addition of turmeric might be a little surprising – I’m not sure if it affects the flavor but Turmeric is a powder anti-inflammatory and is a proven phytoestrogen, to further support hormonal imbalances and stability, so I throw it in for some added goodness! This fills me up pretty well – coming in at 300 calories and with 26g of fat. I usually have this first thing in the morning and then don’t eat a formal meal until lunch.
Ketology Bulletproof Coffee
- 1 cup black coffee
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream organic
- 1 tbsp Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil
- 1 serving Collagen Peptides amount varies by brand, I use 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter I use Kerry Gold
- 5 drops Liquid Stevia I use Sweet Drops Chocolate or French Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Turmeric
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for a few seconds until combined. Pour into your favorite coffee mug and enjoy!