I went a little overboard this past Prime Day and loaded up on my favorite silicone molds which are perfect for making keto fat bombs and my new favorite treat, keto cheesecake bites. Keto cheesecake bites are essentially fat bombs – they help pack in a little extra fat if you’re short at the end of the day in a neat little, tasty treat that clocks in at just 1g of net carbs per serving.
Cheesecake sounds daunting, but it’s easy to work around some of the more laborious tasks and make a simple keto cheesecake. My quick keto cheesecake is a fan favorite, and these little keto cheesecake bites can be stored and enjoyed for days – if they last that long! With only ONE gram of net carbs per serving – this keto recipe may become a nightly ritual. Keep in mind, this is technically a fat bomb, so it’s high in fat and not balanced in protein like other keto recipes – the intent is to help you get in your fat macros at the end of the day if needed. If you want a more of a dessert-like option, add a scoop of your favorite sugar-free protein powder…you all know my favorite is Isopure…to add a protein boost.
This recipe is for your basic keto cheesecake bite, however here are two ways to add to this classic keto cheesecake recipe for a mini-treat:
Key Lime Keto Cheesecake Bites
- Add the juice of 1/2 a lime to the keto cheesecake filling mixture before adding it to the mold
Caramel Swirl Keto Cheesecake Bites
- Add a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to the cheesecake mixture while mixing. After removing the bites from the oven and BEFORE placing them in the fridge or freezer, add a 1/4 teaspoon of ChocZero Caramel Sauce on top of the cheesecake filling layer and very gently with a knife, “swirl” it through the cheesecake layer. After it sets, you’ll have a ribbon of caramel in the bite!
Keto Cheesecake Bites
For the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the crust, melt the butter in the microwave and mix ground flaxseed meal (or almond meal) until crumbly but starting to stick together. Add cinnamon and Swerve brown sugar and combine until just mixed.
- Divide the crust into 12 portions and press into the bottom of your silicone mold or a lightly greased muffin tin.
- If using the silicone mold, place it on a baking sheet before putting it in the oven, it will be much easier to transport this way!
- Bake the crusts for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool on a baking sheet.
For the Filling
- For the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixture on a medium setting until light and creamy, about 1 -2 minutes. While continuing to beat, slowly and the vanilla extract, lemon juice, egg and your Swerve (or your preferred sweetener). Beat until well combined.
- Divide the mixture among the 12 mold cavities or muffin tin sections.
- Use an ice cream scooper to fill all the crust-bottomed muffin tin cups evenly almost to the top (the mini cheesecakes will rise while in
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove and let cool on a baking rack. They will be a bit jiggly - that's ok!
- Once cooled, place the mold (or muffin tin) in the fridge overnight. If you can't wait to have one, put them in the freezer for about an hour.;)
- Once the keto cheesecake bites are ready, gently pop them out of the molds and enjoy!