Caesar salads have been my obsession since last summer and it hasn’t let up yet. I have them when we go to dinner at our favorite steak house, order a chicken caesar from my favorite salad joint on Postmates for lunch at the office at least 3x a week. Thankfully, caesar dressing is super keto-friendly and I realized, easy to make at home! We discovered that our new home has a beautiful lemon tree in the backyard, so I decided that my first recipe using our fresh lemons would be a keto caesar salad dressing recipe. The fresh lemon combined with high quality olive and avocado oils result in a delicious and nutritious keto salad dressing option. With a crack of fresh ground pepper and extra shredded parmesan on top of the salad, this keto caesar salad will become one of your go-to keto salads!
So here you go! I make this keto caesar salad dressing fresh every time I have a salad, but you can also store it in the fridge. If you’re hesitant to use raw egg yolks, you can substitute mayonnaise (I’d recommend avocado oil-based mayo) and the anchovies are also optional, but make it so much tastier and add some good, healthy fats!
Keto Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 fillets anchovies in oil minced
- 2 egg yolks or 2 tbsp mayo
- 1/2 fresh lemon juiced
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix garlic and anchovies until a smooth paste forms.
- Add paste to a bowl and beat in egg yolks (or mayo). Then whisk in lemon juice and mustard until emulsified.
- Next, slowly add olive oil and then avocado oil until smooth. Finish off by adding shredded parmesan.
- Toss with 2 - 3 cups of chopped romaine and enjoy! You can also top with chicken or steak or whatever added protein your heart desires!
* Yes, I use raw egg yolks and have never had an adverse reaction. I am super safe / clean / careful in the kitchen. If you go the raw egg yolk route, it?s at your own risk! Your taste buds WILL thank me!?