If you’re on the hunt for a meal prep masterpiece that’s bursting with flavor and protein, look no further than this Drunken Low Carb Shrimp recipe with Miracle Noodles. This dish, packing a substantial 35 grams of protein per serving, is not only a nutritional powerhouse but also a culinary delight that will become a staple in your kitchen.
Shrimp is a culinary favorite for many, not only for its succulent flavor but also for its impressive array of health benefits. As a lean source of protein, shrimp provides the body with the necessary building blocks for muscle development and repair without the high saturated fat content often found in red meat. It’s also rich in several vitamins and minerals, including selenium, which plays a key role in maintaining a healthy immune system, and B12, crucial for nerve and blood cell health. Additionally, shrimp contains a potent antioxidant called astaxanthin, which has been linked to skin health and may reduce signs of aging. Its omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for heart health, making shrimp a smart choice for those on a low carb / high protein lifestyle.
Drunked Shrimp with Miracle Noodles
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute Swerve is my go-to
- 3 eggs
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 scallions sliced, with green and white parts separated
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil chopped
- 1 package Miracle Noodles or your favorite low-carb noodles
- Toasted sesame seeds and lime wedges for serving
- Let’s talk about what makes this dish a repeated request – the sauce. It's a magical blend of coconut aminos, fish sauce, sriracha, and a brown sugar alternative that perfectly balances sweet, savory, and spicy flavors. Whisk these with a bit of water, and you’ve got the secret ingredient to this drool-worthy dish.
- Begin by lightly whisking three eggs with a pinch of salt. Over medium heat, cook your shrimp until they’re just right – pink and tender, about three to four minutes per side. Once done, set them aside and scramble the eggs in the same pan until they’re softly set. After removing the eggs, it’s time for the veggies. A mix of broccoli and sugar snap peas steamed to bright, crunchy perfection.
- Now, for the aromatic magic – sauté scallions and garlic until they’re just fragrant enough to make your kitchen smell like a chef’s paradise. It’s in this flavor-infused pan that you’ll combine the sauce, veggies, shrimp, and eggs. The fresh basil and scallion greens join the party, followed by the real game-changer: Miracle Noodles. With only one gram of net carbs, these noodles are a guilt-free stand-in for rice noodles and they soak up the sauce beautifully.
- Allow everything to simmer together for a few minutes, letting the noodles become one with the vibrant sauce and mix-ins. What you’re left with is not just a “meal” but an experience – one that’s as enjoyable to prepare as it is to devour.
@lowcarblolita Drunken Shrimp with Miracle Noodles 🍤 This high protein (35g per serving) shrimp stir fry is perfect for meal prep with a sauce that’s so tasty, you’ll make it over and over again! INGREDIENTS * 2 tablespoons coconut aminos * 1 tablespoons fish sauce * 1 – 2 tablespoons sriracha (to taste * 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (I used Swerve) * 3 eggs * 1 pound shrimp * 2 cups broccoli florets * 4 scallions, sliced with the light and dark green parts separated * 3 garlic cloves, minced * 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped * 1 package Miracle Noodles (or your favorite low carb noodles) * Toasted sesame seeds and lime wedges for service #miraclenoodles #stirfry #shrimpstirfry #highproteinstirfry #easyshrimprecipe #mealprep #easymealprep #lowcarbrecipe #lowcarbmealprep #highprotein #highproteinmealprep ♬ original sound – Lolita – 50+ Lifestyle
This dish isn’t just for the day-of delights. As a meal prep gem, it only gets better with time as the flavors deepen and meld in the fridge, making your weekday lunches something to truly look forward to.
So there it is – a protein-rich, low carb shrimp stir-fry that’s as nourishing as it is satisfying. Whether it’s part of your meal prep routine or a spontaneous weeknight dinner, it’s sure to impress with its complex flavors and hearty ingredients. Give it a try, and watch as it becomes a beloved regular on your menu.