Mornings can be hectic, and finding the time to whip up a nutritious, protein-packed breakfast often falls by the wayside. However, with this easy, low carb twist on a classic quiche, you’ll discover a new morning favorite that’s as convenient as it is delicious.
The beauty of this dish lies in its simplicity and versatility. It starts with a unique “crust” made from overlapping low-carb tortillas, a clever substitute that cuts down on the carbs without sacrificing texture or flavor. For the filling, the combination of eggs and cottage cheese creates a creamy, protein-rich base that’s both satisfying and nutritious.
One of the best things about this quiche is its suitability for meal prep. It stores beautifully in the fridge, ready to be enjoyed as a quick snack or part of a hearty breakfast throughout the week.
This high protein, low carb breakfast quiche is more than just a meal; it’s a lifestyle enhancer, ensuring you start your day right without the usual morning rush stress. Give it a try and watch it become a staple in your breakfast repertoire.
High Protein, Low Carb Breakfast Quiche: A Morning Game-Changer
- 3 low carb tortillas I prefer La Tortilla Factory’s Zero Carb tortillas
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your choice of meat and veggie toppings I love zucchini, tomatoes, red jalapeno, and purple bell peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a pie plate and arrange the three tortillas so they overlap, forming a crust.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and cottage cheese, seasoning with salt and pepper. Alternatively, blend them together in a blender for a smoother texture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the tortillas, ensuring an even spread.
- Add your chosen meat and veggies. This recipe is flexible – feel free to get creative with your toppings.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top, adding an extra layer of deliciousness.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and slice it up to serve.