I am known for making treats for friends, co-workers and family during the holidays – specifically, my cashew brittle and brownies have been big hits. I’m going to attempt to recreate both (minus the cashews) so they’re keto-friendly soon, however yesterday I decided to try my hand at a peppermint patty fat bomb and well, they are bomb!! They have just the right bit of sweetness and the peppermint flavor really comes through. You can make these straight peppermint without the chocolate layer – but I liked the taste of dark chocolate with the peppermint. Almost like a York peppermint patty!
I’m going to top these with crushed candy canes for the non-keto members of my family next week. So good!
NOTE: For the powdered Erythritol, I had to take my granulated version and blitz it in the Nutribullet for a few seconds. Works perfectly!
UPDATE: Since I made this recipe originally three years ago, alternative sweeteners have come a LONG WAY. I now use powdered Lankanto Monkfruit or Confectioner’s Swerve in this peppermint patty fat bomb which is just as tasty without the unpleasant side effects of straight erythritol.
Peppermint Patty Fat Bombs
- 9 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp powdered Erythritol (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line a cupcake or muffin pan with 12 paper liners
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or stovetop
- Mix melted coconut oil with Erythritol (or your chosen sweetener) and peppermint extract
- Carefully pour half of the coconut oil mixture into the liners. Place in freezer until set. This should only take about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Mix the cocoa powder into the remaining have of the coconut oil mixture.
- Evenly distribute the chocolate coconut goodness on top of the set peppermint layer and place back in freezer.
- Wait another 15 - 20 minutes for fat bombs to set.