I have been a huge fan of our air fryer ever since we got it last year and quite literally use it multiple times a week for keto air fryer recipes – everything from brussels sprouts to chicken and fish. What I love about the air fryer – which is why it’s become a beloved kitchen gadget for keto and non-keto households, is that it cooks evenly and quickly with little or no oil. We got our air fryer at Costco and after a year of consistent use, it still performs like a champ!
I’ve tried to make everything imaginable in the air fryer with success for everything BUT asparagus. Do not cook asparagus in the air fryer, it just doesn’t turn out well no matter how I attempted to adjust the settings. If you’ve had luck with asparagus in the air fryer, please let me know in the comments below!
I often am asked about keto air fryer recipes so I decided to put all my favorites in one post for you all – including keto appetizers, keto snacks, keto main dishes and more. Enjoy and please let me know what your favorite air fryer recipes are!
There are loads of air fryer options available – from affordable and basic to expensive and with multiple features. The key to choosing a great air fryer is one that has positive reviews but in my mind, one that has great reviews and is easy to fit on your countertop rather than having to store this somewhat bulky appliance away…plus you may end up using it often. Ours is streamlined enough to fit on our countertop without taking up too much space!
Keto Crab Cakes
- 1 cup crab meat I get fresh crab meat from my seafood counter, however lump crab meat in a can works well too
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning (like Old Bay)
- 1/4 cup celery chopped, around 1 - 2 stalks
- 1 tbsp serrano pepper chopped, optional
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp pork rinds crushed
- olive oil if pan frying
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and spray with your favorite cooking spray (I use avocado oil spray).
- Saute the celery and red onion until just beginning to get translucent - around 5 minutes.
- Beat the egg, mustard and Worcestershire in a small bowl.
- Add your crab meat to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Add your seasonings, pork rind crumbs and celery and onion.
- Mix gently to incorporate.
- Form into 4 equal sized patties and let it set in the fridge for at least an hour or up to 4 hours.
If Pan Frying
- Heat 2 - 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick pan.
- Place the keto crab cake patties in the oil and cook until golden brown on each side, around 4 minutes.
If Air Frying
- Place crab bake patties in a single layer with about 1/2 inch between them.
- Lightly spray the tops with cooking oil.
- Cook on 370℉ for 10 minutes.
If Baking in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Arrange crab cakes on liner.
- Bake for 15 minutes until brown on one side, then gently flip each crab cake and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with keto tartar sauce, lemon slices or your favorite keto-friendly seafood sauce. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Keto Jicama Fries
- Air Fryer
- 1 whole jicama peeled and cut into 1/2 inch sticks
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Peel and cut the jicama into your preferred french fry shape. Thinner works better - I cut mine to about 1/2 inch thickness per "stick"
- Boil a large pot of water on the stove and add the cut jicama sticks. Boil for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Drain and use paper towels to remove excess moisture from the jicama fries.
- Place in a large bowl and coat with oil and then add seasonings. Toss to coat thoroughly.
- Add the fries to your air fryer in a single layer (or, if you don't have an air fryer, lay them on a sheet pan).
- Set air fryer (or oven) to 400 degrees. If using a traditional oven, preheat before putting the pan in.
- Cook for 20 minutes in the air fryer or 30 minutes in the oven.
- When done, add extra salt or seasonings to taste and dig in!
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 mushrooms (baby bella or large white) cleaned and stems removed
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- 2 oz pork breakfast sausage (we like Butcher Box) at room temperature
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush olive oil on mushroom tops and sprinkle with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine sausage, parsley, and cheese.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with 1/4 of the sausage mixture.
- Bake on a baking sheet roughly 20 minutes until sausage browns and cheese bubbles slightly. Serve warm.
Cauliflower Tater Tots
- 1 1/2 pounds riced cauliflower
- 4 tbsp avocado oil divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk mozzarella shredded
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- In a large skillet over medium, dry cauliflower rice with 2 tablespoons oil for 5-10 minutes until soft and starting to brown. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and mix in cheese, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Combine browned cauliflower rice with egg mixture. Stir mixture well to melt cheese. Form tots using a spoon or melon scoop.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry tots using remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Space tots apart in a single layer, turning every 3-5 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Repeat until all tots are cooked. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and serve hot.
Crispy Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pork rinds crumbled
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 large egg beaten
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet or air fryer tray with foil.
- Sllice each zucchini in half lengthwise and continue slicing until you have eight long sticks of equal size. Then cut sticks in half again across the middle, making sixteen pieces (per zucchini). You can also cut them in circles based on preference.
- In a medium bowl mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, crumbled pork rinds and parmesan cheese together. In a separate medium bowl add the beaten egg.
- Dip each piece of zucchini in the egg and shake off any excess. Then, press each side into the pork rind and cheese mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet or tray in a single layer.
- Bake 20 minutes - 12 minutes if using air fryer, flipping fries halfway through until browned and crispy.
- Serve with no sugar added marinara sauce or ranch dressing on the side.
Baked Avocado Fries
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cup crumbled pork rinds
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Peel and pit the avocados and slice them lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick "fries". With two avocados, you should get around 20 slices.
- Set up three bowls in a row. Put the coconut flour in the first bowl, the lightly beaten eggs in the second bowl, and the crushed pork rinds in the third bowl.
- Dredge an avocado slice in the coconut flour, then coat it in the egg wash. Finish it off by coating it in the pork rinds. Repeat this three-step process with each avocado slice, and place them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Alternatively, I also like popping these in the air fryer at 450℉ for 7 minutes.
Low Carb Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/2 dozen mushroom caps - I used cremini
- 4 oz cooked crab meat I used the frozen Trader Joe’s version
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Paprika - to taste
- Remove stems from mushroom caps and set aside
- Mix cooked crab meat, cream cheese, mayo and spices together in a bowl.
- Lightly stuff each mushroom cap with about 1 tbsp of crab mixture. Place on air fryer tray.
- Sprinkle with extra paprika and parmesan.
- Cook at 350 for 7 minutes. If you don’t have an air fryer, bake these on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Tandoori Drumsticks
- 4 drumsticks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Mix heavy cream and spices in a large bowl. Add chicken and marinate for at least an hour. I like to cut little slits in the chicken to help the marinade really get in there!
- Place drumsticks in air fryer skin side down (if you kept the skin on). Cook at 360 for 10 minutes. Flip and then cook at 370 for another 7 minutes.