Happy National Tequila Day! Yes, there is a day for everything, but this is one we can get behind! 🙌🏼 While we have to watch our alcohol consumption for the hidden sugar and calories, there are plenty of techniques to make your favorite libations keto friendly. Case in point, this keto blackberry margarita which is so delicious and has insane flavors thanks to the combo of blackberries, lime and keto triple sec (berries are among the only fruits that are keto friendly). While wine is OK in moderation – wines usually clock in at about 4g of carbs per serving, so they can add up…liquors like tequila and vodka are preferred because they have no carbs! So as long as you watch your mixers, you can make delicious keto cocktails and keto alcoholic drinks.
While I consider myself an amateur keto cocktail mixologist, the ladies over at BoozyKetones are the queens with gorgeous and tasty creations that are all under 5g net carbs per recipe. I highly recommend you follow them on Instagram and bookmark their keto triple sec recipe – which is what I use in this keto blackberry margarita!
Ok, so on with the recipe – enjoy and happy Tequila holiday!
- 2 oz Tequila I like Casamigos
- 1.5 oz Keto Triple Sec or Cointreau check out BoozyKetones on Instagram for recipe or see recipe note below
- 1/2 lime
- 2 - 3 blackberries
- Muddle blackberries in the bottom of a glass.
- Add a few ice cubes to the glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, add 1/2 cup of ice, tequila, Keto cointreau and juice of 1/2 lime.
- Shake, Shake, Shake!
- Pour into glass, garnish with whole berries!