Chaffles – essentially waffles made with a cheese (or cream cheese) and egg base instead of flour – are a keto miracle and can be used for everything from, well traditional waffles to keto bread alternatives for breakfast sandwiches and even desserts. Keto Chaffles recipes evolved since their pure and humble beginnings, and you can literally find dozens and dozens of keto chaffles recipes throughout the web.
One of the biggest requests we get is how to make chaffles, so finally, I’m sharing my favorite basic keto chaffle recipe and then two alternatives for sweeter, blueberry breakfast chaffles and a more savory chaffle option. I love to top the savory, Cheddar Jalapeno chaffle with lox and avocado and if I’m extra hungry, a poached egg. I use the basic keto chaffle recipe for sandwiches, as a side for eggs and bacon or spread almond butter on it for an easy snack
My kids and I love making these – and the $9.99 mini Dash waffle maker is a keto kitchen must-have – that makes enjoying chaffles anytime of day a breeze.
- Mini waffle maker
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour half of your chaffle batter onto your mini waffle iron (or all of it if using a standard waffle iron.
- Cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chaffle from the waffle maker and let sit for 3 - 5 minutes before topping!
- Mini waffle maker
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBSP Almond Flour
- Plug in the waffle maker to heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the heated waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove waffle carefully and cook remaining batter.
- Preheat waffle maker and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients but blueberries in a bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Carefully pour 1/2 of the chaffle batter onto the waffle iron and cook until golden brown and crispy (around 4 minutes).
- Remove and cook remaining batter.
- Top with a sprinkle of Swerve confectioner's sugar and your favorite keto maple syrup (I like Lakanto)