When I was young, I grew up eating mainly Indian food however if my mom was ever away and my dad had to figure out dinner for the family, he either ordered fried chicken or let us pick our favorite frozen meals as a “treat.” For some reason, a frozen chicken cordon bleu – I think from Stouffer’s – was one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Recently, I got a little nostalgic and started recreating some of my favorite childhood recipes so they are keto-approved – and this keto chicken cordon bleu was on my short list to make. It was a hit – thanks to one of my favorite breading alternatives, Pork Panko, which creates a crispy breaded crust that worked perfectly in this baked keto chicken recipe and also is great for fried “breaded” recipes as well.
Try to use larger chicken breasts – they are easier to roll and hold together nicely after baking and removing the toothpick that holds it in place while baking. For cooking spray, I prefer coconut oil or avocado oil spray.
With black forest ham and melty swiss cheese in the center, this keto chicken cordon bleu recipe is one your whole family will love – whether they’re low carb or not!
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu
- ½ cup Pork Panko
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices black forest ham
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- In a small bowl, combine Pork Panko and seasoning. Set aside.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with Pork Panko mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.