In my early 30s, I experimented with the Atkin’s Diet, which is similar in some ways to keto, and this keto Chocolate Mousse recipe was one of my favorite low carb desserts to make. Even though it wasn’t called “keto” at the time, this recipe or a simple sweet ricotta which I made by just mixing full fat ricotta cheese with a few drops of stevia were on constant rotation in my dessert repertoire. So of course, I had to include this recipe for you all because it’s decadent and light and hits all the pleasure spots!
With 4g of net carbs, this is simple to whip up and perfect topped with a few blackberries or raspberries. You can experiment by adding a tablespoon of cream cheese to this keto chocolate mousse recipe to make it a little thicker in consistency if you like a rich chocolate mousse, but I prefer a light and airy style mousse which is why I opt not to add the cream cheese. You can also add a tablespoon of avocado to the mix – if you haven’t tried it before, avocado is a great addition to chocolate recipes! It adds good fats but also adds a creamy texture — check out my keto avocado and chocolate mug cake recipe – it’s amazing!
You can also skip the cacao powder I recommend and just use unsweetened cocoa powder, but the cacao powder adds some superfood nutrients to the recipe for an extra nutritional boost. Cacao powder has loads of benefits, and my favorite brand of cacao (which I also use in my super delicious Chocolate Nut Butter Fat Bombs and Keto Chocolate Smoothie) recently released a keto cacao powder with reduced carbs and healthy fats.
Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Place a metal mixing bowl in the freezer for about an hour.
- Remove bowl from freezer and add heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until just combined.
- Then, add the cacao powder, monkfruit (or your preferred sweetener - make sure it's confectioners / powdered) and pink salt.
- Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Split the keto chocolate mousse among two bowls and garnish with berries.
- Spoon mousse into serving bowls and top with a few berries.