My family has slowly been cutting their sugar intake and eating more and more of a keto diet. They still love pastas and bread, but this weekend I decided to make them french toast with my keto cinnamon bread recipe to see if they could tell the difference – and they couldn’t believe it was low carb! At only 3g of net carbs per slice, this will become a fast favorite.
I love this keto cinnamon bread recipe toasted with butter, but it is the perfect low carb bread for french toast which I top with either fresh whipped cream or a bit of syrup – my favorite keto maple syrup is the Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup which I have seen more and more in supermarkets. I also sometimes will make a keto baked french toast souffle recipe where I make a custard base of heavy whipping cream and eggs and soak the bread in it overnight, then bake it in the oven and serve with syrup – decadent, delicious and low carb!
I use Swerve for this recipe – it’s my preferred sweetener for baking for the most part, but you can use monkfruit or whatever alternative / keto sweetener you prefer. The combination of almond and coconut flours is essential to proper texture – trust me on this one!
Keto Cinnamon Bread
- 1 ? cups Fine Milled Almond Flour
- ? cup Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ? cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk unsweetened
- ? cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs large
- 2 tablespoons Swerve granulated sweetener separate from the above
- 3 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- pinch Himalayan pink salt?
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Use enough parchment so there's a few inches hanging off on the long side of the pan, so you can lift out the low carb cinnamon bread after baking.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond and coconut flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup of Swerve.
- Add the butter, coconut milk, sour cream, vanilla extract and eggs. Whisk until combined. The batter will be thick!
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of Swerve and cinnamon.
- Spoon half the batter into your prepared loaf pan and sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mix on top.
- Add the rest of the batter and top if off with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- With a dinner knife, swirl the cinnamon into the batter by gently dragging the knife in a wave or swirl pattern. Don't over swirl!
- Bake in preheated oven for an hour.
- Remove from oven and let the keto cinnamon bread cool for about 15 minutes before lifting the bread out gently using the parchment, and set on a cooling rack.
- Let sit for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cut into 12 slices and serve.