I live for a good steak and my favorite spot has always been Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. Something about the ambiance, classic steakhouse feel and delicious, basic fare just makes me happy. In addition to a medium-rare petite filet, my go-to at Ruth’s Chris is always their Creamed Spinach, which is the perfect accompaniment to a perfectly seared steak and is keto friendly to boot!
Spinach is a staple in our house – I put it in my salads, my eggs, my low carb burritos…you name it. I love it raw or cooked and it seriously packs in the nutrients and is easier on my stomach than kale. If you haven’t tried the Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast or Dijon Salmon with Spinach – put them on your list!
While I haven’t been able to completely perfect the Ruth’s Chris Creamed Spinach recipe, this keto creamed spinach version comes darn close! Enjoy with a steak or your favorite main protein for a delicious, keto meal that’s full of good, healthy fat plus nutrient-rich spinach. When I’m feeling extra fancy, I pair this with my keto lobster “mac” and cheese. So good!
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 medium white onion peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 pound fresh spinach ends trimmed
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sauté onion for 3 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add garlic and spinach to the pan and sauté for 1 minute, then add cream cheese then pour in broth and heavy whipping cream. Reduce heat to low and simmer; continue stirring and letting the moisture evaporate until it becomes thick and creamy, about 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle in parmesan and serve warm.